Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Gonna getcha on this one!

God was listening today...and it wasn't to me.

It started last night.  Maybe I shouldn't have issued that challenge. (I'm going to listen because I want to feel the wind on my face, etc, etc)  Sigh....

Let me rewind.  When we lived in New York, we attended a Lutheran church called...Prince of Peace.  Same as the church we attended in San Antonio, but different.  New York posed all sorts of challenges, although we couldn't pinpoint them at the time. The biggest challenge being that none of us had lived away from San Antonio since the early 80's (cough, cough...Mike.)  We all had to deal with our own trials - and if you haven't ever moved away from all you hold dear to your heart - don't judge...it hurts in ways you'll never know!

In the course of the 7 months at Prince of Peace; New York - they issued a survey to determine what each members' strengths were.  I received mine right before we moved to Tennessee. Discernment, Evangelism, and Faith.  Essentially- I'm the friend you want to have because I believe in God - I know His Son died for all of us, and I'm not afraid to share His Word, and guess what?!?!...I know what you are feeling because He sends me in when you need me the most!

Fast forward to today.  I don't know if I made a difference, but I can tell you that I received all sorts of trials - not of my own doing.  It just worked out that God needed me today as His liaison.    I think it took the 2nd or 3rd go around that it finally connected...."Uh, duh...God, is this for me? Because I was having a great day before that call BEFORE my first cup of coffee!  (Pause.) Oh, I need to listen for YOU?  (Another pause.) OK...ten - four!"

No comments:

Post a Comment