Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over

I am in a position to say that I am happier today than I have been in a long time.  This isn't a statement that I make lightly either.  I've got ALL of my children under my roof tonight, we ate a delicious dish of chicken and chili on tortillas that I prepared over a week ago (Love my freezer meals!!), and we are going to spend tomorrow morning at Long Hunter State Park assisting with a conservation effort.  Am I a blessed girl or what?!

I couldn't help but think tonight as I was on the way to pick up Christian from the airport that I couldn't be happier.  I am so full of joy that some days I just cry.  Nothing substantial, mind you, it's just the tears come unexpectedly.  A sweet call from a friend, a kind word from a stranger, or a long look from Mike that just makes me realize that even though we've been married for as long as we have he still sees my heart.

And then sometimes I have those thoughts that sneak in before I know what hits me.  The ones that whisper, "This won't last long," or "nothing this good lasts forever."  I've had to get REALLY good at pushing them aside.  I KNOW THAT!  I know that things happen.  Parents get older, children get sick, homes are lost in a blink of an eye...God, don't I know anything can happen!!

I'm going to ask that my friends and family join me in seeing the beauty around them.  Look at your children, for heaven's sake, and truly see the gifts you've been given.  Look at the spouse that you've chosen and reach down deep and remember why you married them in the first place.  Feel how fortunate you are when you crawl out of bed in the morning as you get ready for your day. (Because some of us are literally crawling out of bed.)  Just remember that you have a heavenly Father that loves you more than anything.  He's just waiting for you to see Him, too. 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment